I’ve been a bit quiet online so it might seem like I’ve gone away. Far from it – in fact I’ve been busily ticking off the hundreds of tasks required to get the book out there. The life of a self-publisher is full of these things in addition to writing the novels Also because it was clear when talking you lovely folks that half of you wanted the book on Kindle and half in paperback, I decided to launch as close to simultaneously as I can.
So here is my final check list for the Wyld Hunt:
- Finish formatting Kindle edition – Done!
- Finish formatting softback edition – Done!
- Finish all the paperwork for selling on Amazon (Kindle and CreateSpace) – Nearly done!
- Receive finished cover – Almost done! (Really happy with the cover that Rick Ward has produced! More on that soon)
- Buying the ISBNs – Still to do (Ug! £118 for 10 ISBNs!)
- Finalise print on demand options (Amazon CreateSpace and Lightning Source) – Almost done (just need the cover)
- Order a box of softbacks for me to sell direct while I wait the number of weeks it takes for the book to go live on Amazon CreateSpace - Still to do!
- Setup a shopping cart and payment service on GunnarRoxen.com for direct sales – Almost there!
… and (as far as I can tell) that is it! Hopefully I should be there in the next week or so. In the meantime I’ve also drawn portraits of my main characters, but I am not sure I will release them yet because I don’t want to prejudice your views of them